Prerequisites (not included in cost of course):
1. Have a current American Heart Association BLS Provider card. (Heartsaver and Red Cross certifications are not accepted).
2. Purchase the BLS Instructor Manual and Student Manual (Needed for steps 3 & 4). Purchase from http://shop.aha.channing-bete.com/onlinestore/store.html?cid=135896)
3. Purchase and Complete 'BLS Instructors Essentials Online' (https://www.onlineaha.org/courses)
4. Complete the BLS Instructor course (day 1)
5. Successfully teach a BLS Provider course while being monitored (day 2). If you do not want to be monitored on the 2nd day, you have up to 6 months to choose an alternate monitoring date. Billing is $50/hr for monitoring on an alternate date.
**The AHA requires a minimum of 3 instructor candidates in order to hold a course. We will cancel this class 30 days prior if that minimum has not been met.